Hello, everybody – I’m back! Well, for a few hours at least. Tonight I’m on a cruise over to Ibiza for a week of wild partying.
I can’t believe it’s already almost May! So here’s how I did on this month’s goals…
- Acquire and read a magazine in Spanish. Success! I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was. Last time I tried it was a real struggle and not much fun. This time, I read an entire copy of Spanish Glamour only a little slower than an English-language one.
- Do my new sprint workout. Mm, I did a Hunger Games workout that was very difficult (I would not have survived as a tribute). I think this counts towards my overall goal of exercising more, so this gets a yes.
- Buy more fruit from the market. No, I was thwarted by funny opening hours and lack of real effort.
- Do exercises in my Spanish verbs workbook. Somehow this one slipped through the cracks too. Whoops.
- Have a house party! YES! We had a fabulous house party that about 40 people showed up to. Unfortunately, it was so fabulous that you could hear it from the ground floor (we live on the 4th). A neighbor showed up and shook his fist and me angrily, muttering about calling the police. Then he yelled at me ”5 MINUTOS!!!” For good measure, he glared back at me and mouthed “5 MINUTOS!” again as he walked down the stairs. Sorry, vecinos!
- Use my SLR camera more often. Yep, and I’m definitely getting photos that I’m happy with more frequently. I’ve still got a while to go, but I’m seeing progress. I have lots of fab pictures of my trip to Sevilla I can’t wait to share!
- Catalan. YES, finally! I signed up and will start my course in a couple weeks…and I’m actually really excited.
Total: 5/7, so I’m pretty pleased with that.
This monthly goal thing is really helping me out – it’s making me break down my goals into smaller, more achievable pieces. It’s much better than New Year’s Resolutions thus far. So here it goes for May:
- Start my yoga class.
- Eat more fruit and vegetables. I’m currently existing on a diet of sandwiches, and it could probably do with some fruit and veg supplements once in a while. (Bonus points if these come from the market.)
- Be good about wearing sunscreen. I always get burned at the beginning of summer and it’s not good!
- Plan my next travel adventures! I’m hoping to go to England, Berlin, and Madrid.
- Go to at least 2 language-based social events – including language exchange nights, Couch Surfing language exchanges, or activities with my Catalan course
- Read something non-fiction and informative.
Here’s to a new month and new adventures! There’ll be a travel post up later this week about the famous Feria de Abril in Sevilla.
- Currently reading: Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut. So weird, so captivating.
- Currently listening to: “Glad You Came” by the Wanted….but only because I’m going to Ibiza tonight and it’s in the video. Not because I secretly love the song or anything.